Car Rental Partners
Why Choose Us?
We challenge you to find cheaper! Our rates include unlimited mileage, one-way fees and roadside assist*. Why pay more?
We have around 20,000 depots around the world. We offer a great range of vehicles at competitive prices, from the most reputable suppliers
We provide 24/7 service while you're on the road. You can also call 1800 761 192 , leave a message, and we'll return your call.
Planning Your Trip
Bordeaux is a port city on the Garonne River in southwest France, with one million inhabitants in its metropolitan area at a 2008 estimate. It is the capital of the Aquitaine region, as well as the prefecture of the Gironde department. Its inhabitants are called Bordelais.
The Bordeaux-Arcachon-Libourne metropolitan area, has a population of 1,010,000 and constitutes one of the largest urban areas of France. The city is among the world's major wine industry centres. Bordeaux wine has been produced in the region since the eighth century. The historic part of the city is on the UNESCO World Heritage List as "an outstanding urban and architectural ensemble" of the 18th century.
Bordeaux is served by an international airport, Aeroport de Bordeaux Merignac, located 8 km (5.0 mi) from the city centre in the suburban city of Merignac.
Compare Cheap Bordeaux Car Hire
Try our simple-to-use booking engine to compare car hire deals at Bordeaux. Type in your pickup and drop off locations & other information required and we'll immediately provide you with some quotations. Whether you're after an economy Bordeaux car hire, or a luxury Bordeaux rental vehicle, we have the perfect deal for you. Our low cost car rentals are provided by well-known suppliers such as Avis, Hertz and Europcar, but we can often provide better car hire rates!
Avis, Budget, Thrifty, Dollar, Hertz, Europcar, Sixt, Alamo, National & More!
The country of France has many attributes towards its name. There is of course the delicious cuisine and famous landmark of the Eiffel tower. Not to mention the luxurious and gorgeous Palace of Versailles that was the home of the unfortunate Marie-Antoinette.
When thinking about their history, many people refer to tales about the French revolution in 1789 and the French resistance movement against the Nazis in Second World War. One of its better known cities is Bordeaux which rests on the Garonne River and it can be an interesting visit depending on what you know before you go.
Fun Facts about Bordeaux
• Bordeaux is located in the Southwest of France
• It is one of the leading French producers of wine
• Previous citizens include the famous Roman poet of Ausonius
• The city has a rich history and this can be seen in the architecture of over 5,000 buildings
• Many of the museums in Bordeaux display artefacts from the Second World War
• The Modern Art Bus that tours the city is a great way to learn about its connection to the art world
• It has the biggest shopping centre in Europe called the Rue Saint Catherine
• The Bordeaux Grand Theatre which hosts many shows is over 250 years old
• Male inhabitants are called Bordelais
• Female citizens are called Bordelaise
• The old city used to be called “sleeping beauty” because pollution turned all the walls black.
• The historical part of the city is a UNESCO world heritage site
• The city fell to Roman rule in 60BC
• Bordeaux is located 310 miles southwest of Paris
• The town square of Esplanade des Quinconces is the largest in Europe
• It was the first city in France to set up a research centre
• Most of the wine produced in Bordeaux is red, with just a small selection of white wine produced
• The city is split into quarters each with their own name and specific area
• There are many festivals throughout the year include the Bordeaux river festival
• One of the most popular excursions sold are walking tours throughout the back streets
• The most popular landmark for tourists is the Place de la Bourse, which was built for the French ruler French ruler Louis XV.
• Bordeaux is the location of the world’s main wine festival, the Vinexpo which happens every year.
Bordeaux Rental Locations
Peugeot Car Hire From Udrive
We were very happy with the arrangement. Car was ready on time and we did over 5500 Kms without a hitch. Puegot performed very well and very economical on fuel. We will use your setup again.