On the Northeastern coastline of the United States sits the large state of New Jersey. Inhabited by native Indians for more than 2,800 years, it eventually fell under Dutch rule before the British seized it. The region is now the eleventh most populated state of the USA. Named after the British channel island, it was the scene of many historical battles during the American war of revolution. If you are thinking of an ideal place to travel within America, New Jersey is a very good choice.
Fun Facts about Travel in New Jersey
(Photo by Boston Public Library)
- The scenic Cape May is the United States oldest seaside resort.
- New Jersey does not have the nickname of the diner of the world for nothing. There are more fast-food diners per square mile than anywhere else.
- Have you always wanted to see a pageant? If so, New Jersey is the perfect place because it holds the Miss America pageant annually.
- The longest boardwalk in the world is in Atlantic City, New Jersey
- New Jersey was the location of the first official baseball game
- The great American tradition of drive in movies was invented in New Jersey
- Tourism provides a lot of income for the state. It is the second highest earner.
New Jersey is the birthplace and home of many famous people. They include…
- Dione Warwick: This actress and singer comes from the country of East Orange
- The characteristic Ray Liotta is from Newark
- The unforgettable Meryl Streep originated from Summit
- Singer, songwriter and musician Bruce Willis is from Freehold
- Fans of nostalgia will be delighted to learn New Jersey was the home of Frank Sinatra
- Another famous Actor; Jack Nicholson comes from Neptune city
- Famous for her song and role in the bodyguard, the now deceased Whitney Houston came from Newark
- The second man to walk on the Moon, iconic Buzz Aldrin grew up and lived in NJ.
Places to Stay
Visitors have a variety of resorts and holiday destinations to choose from. More than fifty infact. Some popular resorts include…
- Seaside heights: Well known for its Funtime Pier, this area is popular with families.
- Asbury Park: Considered the favourite location of music lovers and musicians
- Cape May: An old coastal vacation destination popular with Americans
- Atlantic City: Most famous for its gambling casinos
- Wildwood: Popular because of its beach, long boardwalk, and Amusement pier
(Photo by Tony Fischer)
Best Tourist Attractions in New Jersey
- State Aquarium : An educational amusement attraction enjoyed by mostly families
- Salem Country Museum and Library : Showcasing the heritage of the county
- Six Flags Theme Park and Safari : Outdoor adventure introducing a variety of animals
- Ellis Island : Known as the gateway for historical immigration into the United States
- Atlantic City: Popular with anyone who wants to try their luck in the gambling casinos.